Do you want to enroll at Federal university birnin kebbi? This article entails everything you need to know about the school, starting from the admission requirements of the school, down to the list of courses offered.
About The School
The Federal university birnin kebbi is a university that is located in Birnin Kebbi, which is located in Kebbi State, Nigeria. Alongside the Federal Universities of Gusau and Gashua, the Federal University Birnin-Kebbi (FUBK) was established on the 18th of February, 2013, by the Federal Republic of Nigeria, under the leadership of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR. This was done in accordance with the policy of the government to establish a Federal University in each of the states that did not have one throughout the federation.
The Nigerian federal government initiated the establishment of the University in the year 2013. As the pioneer Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Lawal Suleiman Bilbis, FNSMB, who is also a Professor of Biochemistry and a former Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic at Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, was appointed. Meanwhile, Ibrahim Abubakar Mungadi, FCAI, was selected as the Registrar of the University.
The beginning of academic activities took place in November 2014, for the 2014/2015 academic session, with a total enrollment of 507 students and 102 members of the academic staff. In light of this, the first and second matriculations were place on March 5, 2015 and February 9, 2016, respectively, with a total of 507 and 972 undergraduates being sworn in, respectively.
At this time, the university is comprised of three faculties and a College of Health Sciences, and it provides a total of twenty-four (24) degree programs.[eight] The University is comprised of six (6) directorates, which are as follows: Academic Planning, Physical Planning, Research and Innovation, Information and Communication Technology Directorate, Entrepreneurship Directorate, and CSBE Directorate.
Just recently, toward the end of the year 2017, the university had the substantive leadership, where the federal government approved the appointment of Professor Bello Bala Shehu as the new university vice-chancellor. Professor B.B. Shehu is a Medical Practitioner of neural science, and he was also the former Chief Medical Director of the National Hospital in Abuja while he was at the university.
Federal University Birnin Kebbi School Fee
The updated school fees of the Federal University, Birnin Kebbi ranges from ₦51,000 to ₦63,500 for new students and ₦32,500 to ₦40,000 for old students.
Federal university birnin kebbi provides its students with nice hostels, well-furnished libraries, and a good road network, among other amenities.
Federal University Birnin Kebbi University Admission Requirements
Below are the admission requirements for Federal university Birnin Kebbi:
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- Jamb UTME: In order to pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Entrance Examination (JAMB), candidates must get at least 180 out of a possible 400 points.
- Age requirement: you must atleast be sixteen (16) years old at time of application
- Post -UTME: Those who fulfill the initial prerequisites for admission will be required to participate in a screening process that may involve an interview, which will be carried out by the university
- Direct entry: Possessing an upper credit in your A’level or a first or second class degree in a comparable field will help increase your chances of admission if you’re a direct entry candidate.An added benefit is a strong JUPEB or IJMB score.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level Result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- First Degree: Potential Postgraduate students must have at least a second class lower division in their first degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study.
- Transcript: Prospective postgraduate students are required to provide official transcripts from their prior educational institutions.
- Entrance Examination: Prospective postgraduate students must take the university’s postgraduate entrance exam and receive the necessary score.
Federal University Birnin Kebbi Hostel Accomodation
In what amount does the hostel lodging charge for the Federal University Birnin Kebbi campus cost? The cost of staying in the FUBK hostel is N25,000 (twenty-five thousand naira exclusive) for each academic year. The charge for the hostel covers the cost of upkeep and bed space. During each academic year, accommodations are made available to any and all students who are interested.
Federal University Birnin Kebbi List Of Courses Offered
Below are list of courses offered in Federal university Birnin Kebbi :