Do you want to enroll at Federal University of technology owerri?This article entails everything you need to know about the school, starting from the admission requirements of the school, down to the list of courses offered.
About The School
Federal university of technology is Located in Owerri West, Owerri, the capital city of Imo State, Nigeria, lies the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), a federal government university. The communities of Eziobodo, Ihiagwa, Obinze, Okolochi, and Emeabiam encircle the university.In the South-East and South-South regions of Nigeria, it is the top federal university of technology.The first executive president of Nigeria, Shehu Shagari, appointed the first temporary council, establishing the institution—which is the oldest technology university in the country—by executive decree in 1980. It was the first of three universities of this kind to be established by the Nigerian Federal Government, which aimed to create a University of Technology in every geopolitical zone, especially in states without traditional universities.
225 students and 60 employees (28 academic and 32 non-academic) made up FUTO at first.Similar to other federal institutions in Nigeria, FUTO is run by a Vice-Chancellor who is in charge of day-to-day operations, and a Chancellor who is typically a royal parent.
The highest decision-making body inside the university is the University Senate. There are currently over 25,000 students at FUTO, who are lovingly referred to as Futoites. Over 50 professors work at FUTO. At the moment, Professor Nnenna Nnannaya Oti serves as vice-chancellor.
Federal University Of Technology Owerri School Fee
There are a variety of departments and faculties within the institution, which features one of the largest student bodies in Nigeria, if not the largest student body overall. The Federal University of Technology, Owerri has amended its tuition, which is ₦61,340 for newly accepted students and ₦45,340 for returning students. If you’re a new student, you must visit the school’s official website to find out the costs by department.
Federal university of technology owerri provides its students with nice hostels, well-furnished libraries, and a good road network, among other amenities.
Federal University Of Technology Owerri Admission Requirements
Below are the admission requirements for federal university of technology owerri:
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- Jamb UTME: In order to pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Entrance Examination (JAMB), candidates must get at least 180 out of a possible 400 points.
- Age requirement: you must atleast be sixteen (16) years old at time of application
- Post -UTME: Those who fulfill the initial prerequisites for admission will be required to participate in a screening process that may involve an interview, which will be carried out by the university
- Direct entry: Possessing an upper credit in your A’level or a first or second class degree in a comparable field will help increase your chances of admission if you’re a direct entry candidate.An added benefit is a strong JUPEB or IJMB score.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level Result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- First Degree: Potential Postgraduate students must have at least a second class lower division in their first degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study.
- Transcript: Prospective postgraduate students are required to provide official transcripts from their prior educational institutions.
- Entrance Examination: Prospective postgraduate students must take the university’s postgraduate entrance exam and receive the necessary score.
Federal University Of Technology Owerri Hostel Accomodation
The cost of accommodation at the FUTO hostel is accessible for both new and returning students, with a focus on final-year students. Students in their last year as well as those in their 100 level are given preference by FUTO administration in Owerri. Depending on the situation, students in their 200 level,300 level or 400 level will be taken into consideration following those students.
First-year students find it simpler to transition to their new surroundings and prepare for a new phase of their lives as a result. It also works on a first come, first served basis and offers easy access to resources, tutorials, lecture halls, and other new students. Students who are in their final year of education can also benefit from this.
The FUTO dorms in Owerri are made to be student-friendly and responsive to their needs. despite the fact that each FUTO hostel has a different price for staying there. It will be up to you to decide whether you would like to remain in the school hostel or rent a place off the FUTO campus. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that lodging at FUTO is not necessary. However, it is highly advised that first-year students in especially spend at least their first academic year on the school’s premises.
Federal University Of Technology Owerri List Of Courses Offered
Below are list of courses offered in federal university of technology Owerri:
What is the cost of attending Federal University Owerri?
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri has amended its tuition, which is ₦61,340 for newly accepted students and ₦45,340 for returning students.
Is Futo a polytechnic?
Located in Owerri West, Owerri, the capital city of Imo State, Nigeria, lies the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO), a federal government university.
How can I apply to get admitted to FUTO?
A minimum of five (5) O’Level credit passes in Mathematics and English Language at no more than two sittings in WASC, WASSCE, GCE, NECO, or NABTEB are required for admission to universities.