Do you want to enroll at federal University Gashua? This article entails everything you need to know about the school, starting from the admission requirements of the school, down to the list of courses offered.
About The School
Federal university gashua is located in the Northeastern Nigeria’s, Yobe State is home to Federal University Gashua, or FUGashua.It is a centre for education and research that aims to meet society’s pressing demands while providing opportunities for everyone to learn.The university was founded by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2013.This was done to ensure equal access to education for all states in Nigeria, including those without federal universities, and to provide higher education to all states. Yobe State has a high percentage of illiteracy and poor school attendance, making it one of the states with the worst educational systems.
The Federal Government of Nigeria approved the establishment of twelve (12) universities across the six geopolitical zones of the nation in 2010 as part of its Education Sector Reform and Development. This was done to increase Nigerians’ access to postsecondary education. An Implementation Committee including the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND), the National Universities Commission (NUC), and other pertinent stakeholders was established to ensure the universities’ successful launch. Prior to submitting its findings on November 15, 2010, the Committee visited the prospective locations for the new universities and had discussions with the governors of the state. The committee’s report was implemented gradually. In February 2011, nine universities were established as part of the first phase of implementation.
Three universities, including the FUGashua, were established as part of the second phase’s implementation in February 2013. On February 18, 2013, Sulu Dauda was named Registrar and Professor Shehu Abdul Rahaman was named Vice-Chancellor (pioneers). The 240 pioneer students of FUGashua were matriculated in June 2015.The student body increased dramatically three years after the first matriculation, and in February 2018, 990 students were enrolled.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Federal Universities In Nigeria
Federal University Gashua School Fee
There are a variety of departments and faculties within the institution, which features one of the largest student bodies in Nigeria, if not the largest student body overall. The school fees for new students is #34,700 Naira per session. While returning students pay #26,700
Federal university gashua provides its students with nice hostels, well-furnished libraries, and a good road network, among other amenities.
Federal University Gashua Admission Requirements
Below are the admission requirements for Federal university gashua:
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- Jamb UTME: In order to pass the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Entrance Examination (JAMB), candidates must get at least 180 out of a possible 400 points.
- Age requirement: you must atleast be sixteen (16) years old at time of application
- Post -UTME: Those who fulfill the initial prerequisites for admission will be required to participate in a screening process that may involve an interview, which will be carried out by the university
- Direct entry: Possessing an upper credit in your A’level or a first or second class degree in a comparable field will help increase your chances of admission if you’re a direct entry candidate.An added benefit is a strong JUPEB or IJMB score.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- O’level Result: You must first have completed no more than two (2) sittings and obtained at least five credit passes in your O’level (WAEC or NECO) grades, including English and Mathematics.
- First Degree: Potential Postgraduate students must have at least a second class lower division in their first degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study.
- Transcript: Prospective postgraduate students are required to provide official transcripts from their prior educational institutions.
- Entrance Examination: Prospective postgraduate students must take the university’s postgraduate entrance exam and receive the necessary score.
Federal university Gashua Hostel Accomodation
The cost of accommodation at the Federal university gashua hostel is #25,000 per student, accessible for both new and returning students, with a focus on final-year students. Students in their last year as well as those in their 100 level are given preference by FUG administration in Yobe. Depending on the situation, students in their 200 level,300 level or 400 level will be taken into consideration following those students.
First-year students find it simpler to transition to their new surroundings and prepare for a new phase of their lives as a result. It also works on a first come, first served basis and offers easy access to resources, tutorials, lecture halls, and other new students. Students who are in their final year of education can also benefit from this.
The FUG dorms in Yobe are made to be student-friendly and responsive to their needs. despite the fact that each FUG hostel has a different price for staying there. It will be up to you to decide whether you would like to remain in the school hostel or rent a place off the FUG campus. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that lodging at FUG is not necessary. However, it is highly advised that first-year students in especially spend at least their first academic year on the school’s premises.
Federal University Gashua List Of Courses Offered
Below are list of courses offered in Federal university gashua:
- Economics and Statistics
- Education and Sociology
- Arabic Studies
- English Language
- Political Science
- Islamic Studies
- Public Administration
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- History and International Studies
- Economics and Development Studies
What is the cost of attending Federal University Gashua?
The current cost of tuition at Yobe’s Federal University Gashua is 26,700 Naira for returning students and 34,700 Naira for new ones.
What is Federal University Gashua’s history?
The university was founded by President Goodluck Jonathan in 2013. This was done to ensure that all states in Nigeria, including those without federal universities, had equal access to higher education.
What is Federal University Gusau’s cutoff point?
This is to notify the university’s community and the wider public that, as a result of a decision made by the university’s Senate, the Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) has established 160 as its minimum cut-off mark for admission.