Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) stands as a beacon of technical and vocational education in Nigeria, playing a pivotal role in shaping the careers of thousands of graduates. Established in 1978 in Ikorodu, Lagos State, LASPOTECH has consistently provided specialized Higher National Diploma (HND) courses aimed at preparing students for the workforce. In this article, we’ll delve into the plethora of HND courses offered by LASPOTECH, shedding light on the educational opportunities it provides.
HND Courses at LASPOTECH:
The Higher National Diploma (HND) courses at LASPOTECH are designed to be more specialized, offering in-depth knowledge and skills in various fields of study. Here’s a comprehensive list of HND courses available:
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering
- Art and Industrial Design (Ceramics, Graphics, Painting, Textile)
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Fisheries Technology
- Food Technology
- Hospitality Management Technology
- Leisure and Tourism Management
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering (Power and Plant Option)
- Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Option)
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Music Technology
- Office Technology and Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry Option)
- Science Laboratory Technology (Environmental Biology Option)
- Science Laboratory Technology (Microbiology Option)
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Welding and Fabrication Technology
JAMB Cut-Off Mark for LASPOTECH Courses:
For the 2023/2024 academic session, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set the cut-off mark for Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) at 130. This minimum score is a requirement for all courses offered by the institution. Therefore, prospective students must achieve a score of 130 or higher in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to be eligible for LASPOTECH’s Post-UTME screening exercise.
LASPOTECH: A State-Owned Polytechnic:
It’s important to note that LASPOTECH is not a Federal Polytechnic; instead, it is owned and operated by the Lagos State Government. Since its establishment in 1978, LASPOTECH has played a crucial role in providing quality technical and vocational education to students within and beyond Lagos State.
Admission into LASPOTECH without JAMB:
While the JAMB cut-off mark is set at 130, LASPOTECH offers an alternative route for admission without JAMB. The Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Programme is a two-year course designed for candidates who have completed their secondary education with a minimum of five credit passes, including Mathematics and English Language. Candidates successfully completing the OND Programme are awarded a National Diploma (ND) certificate, providing a pathway to the HND Programme or entry into the workforce.
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) stands as a bastion of education, offering a diverse range of specialized HND courses. Whether through the traditional JAMB route or the OND Programme, LASPOTECH continues to contribute significantly to the development of skilled professionals in Nigeria. Prospective students are encouraged to aim for excellence in their UTME scores and explore the various educational pathways LASPOTECH has to offer.