Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, situated in the vibrant town of Owo, Ondo State, Nigeria, stands tall as one of the nation’s leading institutions renowned for its extensive array of art courses. Over the years, the polytechnic has earned a distinguished reputation for nurturing highly skilled artists who have made significant contributions to the creative industry.
A Palette of Art Courses:
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic offers a diverse range of art courses, providing aspiring students with a rich platform to explore their creative potential. These courses include:
- Arts and Design
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration & Management
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Office Technology and Management
- Production Technology
- Public Administration
To embark on the artistic journey at Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, applicants must meet specific admission criteria. Prospective students should:
- Possess a minimum of five O’Level credit passes, including Mathematics and English Language, achieved in not more than two sittings.
- Attain a minimum JAMB score of 120.
- Participate in and successfully pass the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic post-UTME screening exercise.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Fulfill the specific course requirements for the art program they aspire to pursue.
Ownership and Status:
Contrary to the misconception, Rufus Giwa Polytechnic is not a private institution; it is a public polytechnic owned and operated by the Ondo State Government in Nigeria. This public status underscores the institution’s commitment to providing quality education and fostering creativity among the youth.
Rufus Giwa Polytechnic stands as a beacon for aspiring artists, offering a diverse and enriching environment to hone their skills. With a legacy of producing skilled professionals who have left an indelible mark on the creative industry, the polytechnic continues to contribute significantly to the cultural and artistic landscape of Nigeria. For those seeking to embark on a creative journey, Rufus Giwa Polytechnic beckons as a hub of artistic excellence and innovation.