If you have a fervor for unraveling the mysteries of the past, understanding international relations, and exploring the intricacies of global affairs, pursuing a degree in History and International Studies could be your gateway to an exciting academic journey. In this article, we’ll delve into the specific requirements needed to study History and International Studies at the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) in Nigeria.
Requirements to Study History and International Studies in UNIUYO
To embark on a degree in History and International Studies at UNIUYO, meeting the university’s educational qualifications is crucial. As an undergraduate applicant, you must hold a West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent. The minimum requirement is five credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects. These relevant subjects may encompass History, Government, Economics, Literature in English, Geography, or any other pertinent social science or arts subjects.
UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination)
Prospective students must undergo the UTME, a standardized examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Nigeria. Here’s a breakdown of the key steps:
- a) Register for UTME: Complete the registration process on the JAMB portal, providing personal information and selecting the preferred examination center.
- b) Choose the right subjects: When filling out the JAMB form, select the appropriate subjects for the History and International Studies program, as specified in the JAMB brochure or UNIUYO’s website.
- c) Prepare for UTME: Engage in thorough preparation by studying the recommended syllabus and past questions. Focus on key topics in history, international relations, government, and related subjects.
- d) Sit for UTME: On the scheduled date, take the UTME examination at the assigned center, adhering to all examination guidelines.
- e) Check your results: After the examination, verify your UTME results on the JAMB portal.
Following the successful completion of the UTME, UNIUYO requires applicants to participate in a Post-UTME screening exercise. Here’s what you need to know:
- a) Registration: Visit UNIUYO’s official website to register for the Post-UTME screening exercise. Provide accurate details and upload required documents, such as your UTME result slip, O’Level result, birth certificate, and passport photograph.
- b) Screening Date and Venue: Keep an eye on UNIUYO’s website for updates on the screening exercise. Note the date, time, and venue allocated for your screening.
- c) Prepare for the screening: Revise high school subjects, especially those related to history, government, and relevant social sciences. Familiarize yourself with current affairs, international events, and geopolitical issues.
- d) Attend the screening: On the designated day, arrive early at the screening venue and follow provided instructions. The screening may include written tests, interviews, or a combination of both.
- e) Check your screening results: After the screening, UNIUYO will release the results. Visit the university’s portal to check your performance.
Embarking on a journey into the realms of history and international studies at UNIUYO requires careful navigation through these steps. By understanding and fulfilling these requirements, you pave the way for a smooth application process and increase your chances of securing admission to this esteemed institution. Good luck on your academic adventure!