Are you considering a fulfilling career in pharmacy and envision yourself studying at the esteemed University of Ibadan (UI)? Embarking on the path of pharmacy not only promises a wealth of opportunities but also opens doors to a gratifying profession in healthcare. To guide you through the initial steps of your educational journey, this article outlines the essential requirements you need to fulfill to study pharmacy at UI.
a. Minimum Educational Qualifications:
To be eligible for admission into UI’s pharmacy program, you must satisfy specific academic prerequisites, including:
- Possession of a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalent with a minimum of five credit passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Meeting the SSCE subject requirements outlined by UI’s Faculty of Pharmacy.
b. JAMB UTME:
- Sit for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Attain a minimum score as specified by UI’s Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Select Pharmacy as your preferred course during JAMB registration.
After successfully passing the JAMB UTME and meeting minimum score requirements, UI conducts a Post-UTME screening exercise. Key aspects to consider include:
- Complete the UI Post-UTME registration within the stipulated timeframe.
- Provide accurate personal information and academic details.
b. Screening Exercise:
- Attend the scheduled screening exercise following the provided instructions.
- Prepare for the screening by reviewing relevant subjects, such as Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
Throughout the admission process, you will need to submit various documents. Ensure you gather and prepare the following in advance:
a. Birth Certificate/Age Declaration:
- Obtain a birth certificate or age declaration verifying your date of birth.
b. SSCE Result:
- Provide your original SSCE result or its equivalent, showcasing the required credit passes.
- Make photocopies of the result for submission.
c. JAMB Result Slip:
- Print out your JAMB result slip, displaying your UTME score.
d. Passport Photographs:
- Have several recent passport-sized photographs for submission.
e. Local Government Identification:
- Obtain a valid identification from your local government.
Given the health-related nature of pharmacy, UI may require you to undergo a medical fitness test. This ensures you are physically fit to pursue the program and undertake necessary clinical duties during your studies.
Upon submitting the required documents and successfully completing the Post-UTME screening exercise, UI will conduct an admission screening process. This involves evaluating your academic qualifications, JAMB score, and performance during the screening exercise. The final admission decision will be communicated through official channels.
Embark on your journey toward a fulfilling career in pharmacy by meeting these comprehensive requirements for admission to the University of Ibadan’s pharmacy program. Good luck on your educational endeavor!