First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) Officer
Job ID: 794
Job type: Full-time
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to direct the Bank’s environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) matters. Conduct due diligence, monitor credit portfolios, provide technical advice and reporting towards the actualization of the ESG goals.
- Design, develop, implement and monitor ESG plans, frameworks, projects and targets.
- Provide guidance and advisory to internal stakeholders on sustainability initiatives, impacts, risks and opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence, assess and advice on internal operations, business risks in all business areas.
- Review internal policies, procedures and standards to identify and close ESG performance gaps.
- Strategic partnership and liaison with external stakeholders – local and foreign.
- Monitor industry trends and advocate for change as appropriate.
- Develop and track checklists to guide credit processes for compliance.
- Coordinate actions and audits to drive compliance with regulatory requirements.
- An Advanced Degree (at least Masters or equivalent) in Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences or relevant field.
- 7-10 years relevant experience in working with private sector firms especially in the finance sector and across industry sectors (including infrastructure, agribusiness, and/or manufacturing)
- Specialist knowledge of ESG issues including climate risk, responsible lending and investment; impact investing, ESG integration and implementation, sustainable and green finance, circular economy, corporate disclosure on environmental issues as well as the relevant standards and frameworks.
- Understanding of ESG ratings and performance parameters and the Nigerian Sustainability Banking Principles.
- ESG Analyst and ESG Investing Certifications are essential.
- Project Management or Business Analysis professional certification(s) give added advantage.
- Verbal and written business reporting and presentation.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online