The University of Benin Teaching Hospital School of Nursing, commonly known as UBTH School of Nursing, stands as a beacon of quality nursing education in Nigeria. This renowned institution boasts a reputation for its exceptional education, dedicated faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into crucial details such as school fees, admission requirements, and other essential information for aspiring nurses.
One of the key advantages of UBTH School of Nursing is its commitment to accessibility. The institution offers affordable tuition fees, opening its doors to students from diverse backgrounds. As of the 2021/2022 academic session, the fees are structured as follows:
- 1st year – ₦200,000
- 2nd year – ₦150,000
- 3rd year – ₦150,000
It’s important to note that these fees cover tuition and other academic-related expenses. However, students are responsible for additional costs such as accommodation, feeding, and transportation.
To be eligible for admission into UBTH School of Nursing, candidates must meet specific criteria:
- Age: Applicants must be at least 17 years old by the year of admission.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must possess a minimum of five (5) credits in the O’level examination, with subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, all achieved in not more than two sittings.
- Health Status: Applicants must be in good health and provide a medical certificate from a government hospital.
- Character: Candidates should exhibit good character and provide a testimonial from their secondary school principal or a respected community member.
Prospective candidates are required to complete the online application form and submit essential documents, including:
a. Birth Certificate or Age Declaration b. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Result(s) c. Testimonial from Secondary School Principal or Community Leader d. Medical Certificate of Fitness from a Government Hospital
After submitting the application, candidates will be invited to participate in the entrance examination, comprising a written test and an oral interview.
Other Important Details:
- Duration: The UBTH School of Nursing program spans three years.
- Curriculum: The curriculum is thoughtfully designed to impart both theoretical and practical knowledge essential for nursing. Courses encompass Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Maternal and Child Health Nursing, and Community Health Nursing.
- Accreditation: UBTH School of Nursing is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN), the regulatory body for nursing education and practice in Nigeria.
- Career Opportunities: Graduates of UBTH School of Nursing emerge well-equipped for success in their nursing careers. They can explore diverse opportunities in hospitals, clinics, and various healthcare institutions.
Choosing UBTH School of Nursing not only ensures quality education but also opens doors to a fulfilling nursing career. With affordable fees, stringent yet achievable admission requirements, and a comprehensive curriculum, UBTH School of Nursing stands as a cornerstone for aspiring nurses in Nigeria.