If you’re aspiring to embark on a journey towards nursing studies in Nigeria, Taraba State University (TASU) stands out as an excellent choice. TASU offers a comprehensive Nursing Science program that can help you achieve your academic and professional goals. Before diving into this exciting journey, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the admission requirements, prerequisites, and application process. In this in-depth article, we will walk you through each step, ensuring you have a clear understanding of what it takes to study Nursing Science at TASU.
Application Process at TASU:
To commence your journey at TASU, understanding the application process is crucial. TASU primarily conducts admissions through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Follow these steps:
- Obtain the UTME form from JAMB and choose TASU as your preferred institution.
- Register for the UTME examination, providing accurate personal information.
- Pay the examination fee and secure the acknowledgment slip.
- Stay informed about important dates and deadlines for registration and examination.
To be eligible for TASU’s Nursing Science program, applicants must meet specific academic criteria:
- Possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects (Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology), obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Credit passes must be from recognized examination bodies such as WAEC, NECO, or equivalents.
- Obtain a satisfactory UTME score. TASU considers both UTME performance and O’Level results.
UTME Subject Combination:
Selecting the right subjects for the UTME examination is crucial:
- Use of English Language (compulsory for all candidates)
Meeting the subject combination alone is not sufficient; overall UTME score and performance in other admission processes are considered.
JAMB Cut-off Mark:
TASU sets a minimum cut-off mark for admission. This mark may vary each academic year and is crucial for prospective students to stay updated through TASU’s official website or JAMB portal.
After meeting the JAMB cut-off mark, eligible candidates participate in TASU’s Post-UTME screening:
- The screening involves a written examination testing candidates on relevant subjects.
- TASU announces the screening details on its official website.
- Candidates must bring their acknowledgment slip, JAMB result slip, and other required documents for verification.
Other Important Considerations:
- Genuine interest and passion for nursing science are essential. The field requires empathy, compassion, and a commitment to serving others.
- TASU may consider candidates from different states or regions based on specific criteria.
Embarking on the journey to study Nursing Science at TASU requires careful attention to the application process, academic requirements, and additional considerations. Stay informed, prepare thoroughly, and let your passion for nursing drive you towards success at Taraba State University.