Congratulations on taking the first step toward a rewarding career in public service by considering a degree in Public Administration at Adamawa State University (ADSU)! To ensure a smooth application process, let’s explore the detailed requirements for admission into the Public Administration program at ADSU.
To qualify for admission, you must meet the following educational requirements:
a) Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE):
- Obtain a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Government, Economics, and any other Social Science subject.
b) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME):
- Participate in the UTME conducted by JAMB.
- Achieve the minimum score specified by ADSU for admission into Public Administration.
JAMB Subject Combination
When registering for UTME, choose the following subject combination for Public Administration at ADSU:
- English Language (compulsory)
- Any other Social Science subject (e.g., Geography, Commerce, Civic Education)
Ensure you select these subjects during UTME registration to align with program requirements.
JAMB Cut-off Mark
ADSU sets a minimum cut-off mark each academic year. Check the university’s official website or contact the admission office for the current cut-off mark.
After meeting the JAMB cut-off mark, participate in the ADSU Post-UTME screening, which assesses your academic capabilities. The screening may include a written examination and possibly an oral interview.
Application Form and Fee
To apply for admission:
- Obtain the ADSU application form online or from the admission office.
- Fill in accurate details and submit the form with required documents.
- Pay the application fee as specified by the university.
Certificate of Origin and Birth Certificate
Submit a certificate of origin from your local government area and a valid birth certificate during the application process.
Submit the required number of recent passport-sized photographs as per university guidelines.
Academic Transcripts and Certificates
If you have previous academic qualifications:
- Submit academic transcripts and certificates, including SSCE and JAMB results.
- Provide any other relevant educational documents.
By following these steps, you’ll be well-prepared for the application process into ADSU’s Public Administration program. Best of luck on your journey toward a fulfilling career in public service!