I would like to inform you that the Nigerian Army Recruitment Form 2023 is out. You may apply on the www.recruitment.army.mil.ng portal for tradesmen and non-tradesmen posts in the Nigerian Army. All application requirements and other details will be provided here.
It seems that you would be interested in applying for a position in the Nigerian army, and if you are selected for such a position, you will be required to undergo a compulsory military training program in order to become a member of the Nigerian Army.
In this article, you will be able to understand how to apply for Nigerian Army 82 regular recruit intake after reading this article. You will also be able to understand what short service combatants mean in Nigerian Army and the computer based test you will have to take after getting shortlisted.
Depending on the category you are applying for, whether it is a non-trade position or a trade position, there can be several positions available in the Nigerian army. Prior to moving to the next stage of the recruitment process, you will have to be shortlisted in order to proceed.
The Nigerian Army recruitment application form 2023 will be made available on the recruiting.army.mil.ng website so you will be able to apply once it is released. After the application process, all candidates who met the criteria for shortlisting will be subjected to a screening exercise.
Latest job vacancies
Applications are invited for:
Title: 85 Regular Recruit Intake for Trades / Non-Tradesmen & Women
When is the Nigerian army 2023/2024 recruitment form coming out?
Yes, Nigerian army recruitment form is out. Please save this web page so you will be kept up to date whenever the Nigerian army recruitment form becomes available and the application process starts. If you want to remain informed, save this web page, and always keep checking back so you will always stay up to date.
In the Nigerian Army, there is something we call Basic Recruit Military Training, and this is basically a short-term training program for both tradesmen and non-tradesmen in order for them to be able to enlist in the Nigerian Army and have the skills they need to be successful in their efforts.
Nigerian Army Recruitment Requirements 2023
All Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman / Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former Institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of respective Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
How to Apply for Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023
In order to apply for the Nigerian Army, you must visit the Nigerian Army’s online recruitment portal,
Go online and visit NA webpage at: recruitment.army.mil.ng and choose DSSC option from the page.
(2) You will be redirected to the page where you can read the qualification criteria for the ongoing DSSC courses.
(3) Click on the “Apply Now” button for the DSSC as per your qualification and Corps of choice.
(4) At the prompt, you will be required to select if you are serving or have served in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Choose the appropriate option and proceed.
and set up an account there. Once you have completed the registration process, click on the registration button and choose the category for which you wish to apply. You will need to fill out all of the information needed and click submit once you have finished.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2023.
In order to apply for the Nigerian army 2023 recruitment, you must go to the following websites: recruitment.army.mil.ng or ims.army.mil.ng. When you visit the former, you will be redirected to the latter, which contains the link to start your application. Please take your time when filling out the application form.
There will be a screening conducted by the Nigerian Army in various centers which will be outlined on the Nigerian Army website, but only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted by the Army to come for the screening. All shortlisted candidates will also be required to take a screening test in order to be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process. Those who pass the screening test will proceed to the next stage.
Please keep an eye out on the website for any further updates regarding the Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023, and as soon as we receive any, we will update the page accordingly. You can let us know in the comment section below what you think about this and we would greatly appreciate it.