The NNPC / SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme 2023 is a yearly scholarship program designed to provide financial assistance to deserving students from disadvantaged backgrounds in Nigeria. The program is open to all full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students in their penultimate or final year of study at any Nigerian University. The scholarship aims to bridge the gap between the cost of education and the ability of students to pay for it, thus enabling them to access quality education. This program also seeks to promote quality education and ensure that students of all backgrounds have access to educational opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable to them.
- Through the NNPC / SPDC scholarship portal, students are able to apply for a range of scholarships offered by the company.
- The portal allows students to view available opportunities and submit their applications quickly and easily.
- It also provides resources to help students understand the application process and make sure they meet the necessary criteria.
Title: 2023 NNPC / SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme
NNPC / SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme 2023 Eligible Criteria
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as at January 2023) or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2020 / 2021 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply For NNPC / SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent
- All applications must be processed online, via the specified link above
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development
- Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
- P/S:Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Applications open on the 3rd January and closes 3rd February 2023
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website
Data Protection Notice
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is committed to data privacy. Processing of Personal Data Collected by SPDC.
- Personal data collected by SPDC will be used exclusively for the purpose of selection of candidates for scholarship award. The information will not be used for an incompatible purpose.
- SPDC is the Controller for the processing of your personal data.
- SPDC will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose identified above or for compliance with the law. SPDC will not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- In the event the personal data needs to be processed by, transferred to or exchanged with a third party, appropriate contractual safeguards will be put in place to ensure that the third party will take adequate measures to safeguard the privacy of the data.
- As a data subject, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is processed in order to comply with a legal obligation is to be used for the purpose for which you have given your implied consent.
- SPDC will only retain the data for as long as it is necessary to serve the purpose of collection or to the extent necessary to comply with applicable law or to protect the rights of SPDC, its affiliates or the data subject concerned.
- We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. For inquiries or concern, please contact: SPDC-SI-Scholarships@shell.com
Therefore, if you met the eligibility criteria and have all the necessary documents, don’t hesitate to apply for this scholarship opportunity. The annual NNPC / SPDC Joint Venture Scholarship is a great way to ensure your future by investing in your education and maintaining a stable, successful career. We hope that this article has given you some insight into the opportunity and what’s expected of you and wish you all the best of luck in your application.