IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Server Administration
Employment Type: Full-time
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our team in Nigeria as Specialist, Server Administration.
- The Specialist, Server Administration will assist in day-to-day administration of servers and systems.
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining PostgreSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications, and groups of users.
- Maintain multiple development, QA, and production PostgreSQL environments with experience in performance tuning.
- Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
- Assist in planning and performing PostgreSQL database upgrades and migrations.
- Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
- Support new and existing PostgreSQL database systems, both internally and future Cloud managed instances and will contribute in defining best practices in PostgreSQL database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
- Participate in collecting, assessing and cataloging threat indicators and closure.
- Deploy and maintain Azure IaaS Virtual Machines to support growth into the cloud.
- Manage and respond to escalated client inquiries.
- Research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of business and operations.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain various Azure SaaS cloud services.
- Administration of Redhat and Ubuntu Linux systems.
- Responsible for all change management request and tracking.
- Securing data against unauthorized access on Azure
- Backing up data and making it efficient to restore when needed on Azure and on-premise.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Support the team in administering servers on premises of IHS.
- Ensures all security updates on servers are duly updated as per monthly plan.
- Assist the team to ensure that the CCTV camera are monitored, and records are kept as per stipulated days.
- Carry out day to day Azure administrator tasks.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, Electrical and Electronic engineering, Information Technology
- 4 – 5 Years working experience, preferably in a Telecommunication and IT solutions industry
- ITIL Foundation is required.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform.
- Advance skill on Linux administration.
- Advance skill on PostgreSQL administration
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification is recommended
- Background IT knowledge on Virtual Machines, Networks and other IT Infrastructure aspects.
- CompTIA A+ certified is required or equivalent.
- Networking skill required.
- Intermediate knowledge and skilled in IT Security.
- Experience with vulnerability and patch assessment.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Business communication
- Solution and result driven.
- Analytical Thinking
- Windows Server OS and Linux Configuration & Administration
- Hypervisor Configuration & Administration
- VMware EXSi Configuration & Administration
- Azure Administration
- Veaam Backup Administration
- Problem Solving
- Project Management.
- Customer Focus – People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
- Innovation – People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
- Integrity – People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions and treat their stakeholders with respect.
- Be Bold – People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
Application Closing Date
Monday; 23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!