IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Internal Audit (IT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our team in Nigeria as Specialist, Internal Audit (IT).
- The Specialist, Internal Audit (IT) will execute assurance and consulting internal audit projects as part of the annual risk-based internal audit plan, including developing internal audit scope for IT and operational engagement, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting results of work performed.
- Coordinate audit team in planning, executing and reporting audit engagements.
- Supervise work done by other team members, when assigned to lead audits, to ensure they are in line with internal audit methodology.
- Prepare audit work programs for assigned IT and operational audits.
- Conduct assurance and consulting audits of functional areas and processes within HIS.
- Document work done in accordance with internal audit manual and methodology.
- Prepare audit reports to be reviewed by in-charge auditors and audit management.
- Monitor changes to the company’s policies and procedures and assist in documenting and storing such data in the databases maintained by the unit.
- Update and maintain outstanding actions database and liaise with process owners on implementation status.
- Conduct formal follow-up audits of management action plans per approved risk-based audit plan.
- Perform IT audits per the risk-based audit plan following standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit established by the IIA.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the in-charge auditors and audit management on the implementation of assigned engagements
- Perform regional audits, spot checks and other special assignment assigned.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or related) in Sciences, Social Science, or any related discipline.
- CISA, CIA, ACCA, ACA or related professional qualifications preferably in IT.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in internal auditing, external auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organization with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in IT auditing is an added advantage.
- Prior telecommunications or telecoms infrastructure exposure is an asset.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts and IT framework and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes.
- Knowledge of fraud schemes and indicators of fraud.
- Familiarity with Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management and secure buy-in for constructive change.
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Fraud Detection & Control
- Business Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail.
- Customer Focus – People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
- Innovation – People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
- Integrity – People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions and treat their stakeholders with respect.
- Be Bold – People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
Application Closing Date
Monday; 23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!