Seplat Energy Plc 2022 Vacancies For Reservoir Engineer Apply Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
Seplat Energy Plc 2022 Vacancies For Reservoir Engineer Apply
Job Title: Reservoir Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The role of the RE position is to participate in field reviews/studies to support field development planning and well and reservoir management activities through analysis and interpretation of Reservoir engineering data & using same to build numerical reservoir simulation models and other analytical models as may be deemed appropriate.
- The incumbent is expected under the guidance of senior REs and provide quality contributions to multi-disciplinary teams charged with identification of production improvement opportunities and production optimization studies. His/her other roles will include contributions to Reserves booking, New Business Development and budget management.
- The contributions of this position directly affect the resource base and growth of the company in terms of hydrocarbon maturation.
- Work in an integrated study team /asset development team with guidance from senior/principal REs to make quality contributions to studies and field development plans. The required technical work will comprise but not be limited to dynamic modeling, well/reservoir performance reviews, development options evaluation, and economics. Dissemination of best practices with other team members.
- Participates in Well surveillance activities (MER, BHP, etc), and reservoir definition and behavior prediction of assigned reservoirs or fields.
- Conducts conventional reservoir engineering and simulation studies to identify optimum recovery and field development options and adjusts reservoir development plans in response to well and reservoir performance changes. Must have knowledge of well test design & interpretation, material balance modeling, and performance modeling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Have good knowledge of various oil recovery enhancement techniques (water flood, gas injection, gas lift, etc). Conducts, documents, and presents, field reviews, and further development proposals.
- Monitors production from existing fields, analyses all relevant data, and ensures that reservoirs are being properly managed, production is maximized and recoveries are optimal. To see to optimal implementation of reservoir management strategies where they do exist or work in conjunction with senior REs to put one in a place where they do not exist.
- Provides estimates of oil and gas resources by conducting annual reserves evaluation and be familiar with various reserves/resource classifications.
- Prepares production testing proposals and provides guidelines for execution. Evaluates and interpret results, and recommend optimum methods of performance monitoring. Must have experience in reservoir pressure & fluid sampling, fluid property modeling, routine, and special core analysis.
- Possesses working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir systems as well as gas field development overview.
- Knows the Company’s health, safety, and environment policy, procedures, regulations, and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility. Ensure that an HSE culture of Goal Zero is in place by contributing to key initiatives and providing appropriate role modeling: demonstrate full commitment and proactive HSE management; act as Emergency Response team member as appropriate. Conducts effective accident investigation and follow-up.
- The Reservoir Engineer must have a good understanding of other E&P disciplines and skills in all key reservoir engineering areas.
- A University Degree in Engineering or equivalent with 5 – 8 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of 5 years RE work experience in an operating company.
Skills in the following:
- RE Data Acquisition & Data Management.
- Reservoir Simulation Model Construction.
- Familiar with modeling workflows including QC, and taking Earth Model to dynamic Model.
- Analytical Reservoir Modelling (Material Balance analysis, DCA, PTA, BHP, etc )
- Reserves calculation and classification.
- Well Modeling & Performance.
- Production System Optimization.
- Waterflood and Gas Injection Management.
- Well/Reservoir Surveillance – data acquisition, analysis & Interpretation.
- Well Planning & Execution within the context of a multi-disciplinary team.
- HSE considerations in Well management and completion operations.
- Knowledge in Well Delivery Operation and Well Evaluation.
- Good understanding of Field development planning.
- Production Operation.
- Working knowledge of economic evaluation, and risk assessment.
- Very good knowledge of the English Language.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online