Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan Africa to be so accredited. The Hospital was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Administrator
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Medical Director, Ikoyi
- This role is responsible to the Medical Director for the Supervision of clinical tasks within the service which is essential to the effective provision of quality care to patients and their families.
- A Medical Administrator will handle administrative duties by coordinating and managing activities within the hospital and overseeing the medical team. He/she will manage daily operations and ensure the delivery of the best services while ensuring an excellent patient experience across all offerings within the hospital’s facility.
- Oversight responsibility for smooth clinical operation of the hospital on a daily basis.
- Maintain a consistent level of quality of care offered to patients.
- Take responsibility for a good relationship with all visiting consultants.
- Ensure the hospital is in compliance with policies and regulatory requirements (federal, state and local laws).
- Monitor training and development of clinical staff.
- Liaise and work with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients.
- Timely resolution of grievances.
- Champions quality improvement in the facility
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Director and Medical Director of the Facility.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Medical / Clinical field (MBBS)
- A postgraduate degree in Business Administration / Public Administration / Public Health/ healthcare administration will be an added advantage.
- Full registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, with a valid medical practising license.
- 5-6 years clinical experience with 1-2 years in a team leadership role.
- Certifications/Training in customer service, relationship management, and business analysis are desired.
- Basic Life Support skills and sound medical knowledge
- Excellent documentation and communication skills with IT skills required for the use of EMR and Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Health sector and the peculiarities of the private sector including managed healthcare.
- Support and supervisory skills Team Building and Leadership, Problem Solving, Quality Assurance Management, SOP Implementation,
- Organizational, reporting and presentation skills.
- Attention to Details and Emotional Intelligence.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online