Eatwell is a retailer of a wide variety of raw, and value-added meats, seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Our products include wholesale and retail size cuts of beef, lamb and pork, diverse poultry items such as chicken, duck, quail and wide selection of seafood to include fish, crabs, calamari, and octopus.
Semi processed items like burger patties, meat balls, sausages, pre-marinated kebabs, are also offered, alongside ready to eat snacks. Our lean meat and superfoods section for the health conscious is supported with our in house food advisory staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead – Food Production Operations (Kitchen, Butchery and Outdoor Catering)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The recruiter is a Group of companies diversifying her operations by setting up food related business and thus seek the services of an experienced production personnel to oversee the operations of the production unit which covers the kitchen, butchery and outdoor catering services.
- The successful candidate will ultimately oversee all production operations as well as ensure the smooth and efficient running of the unit by monitoring employees and organizing workflows.
- The role has a strong service element, as such the candidate will be ensuring that the business delivers high-quality fresh and processed food
You’ll need to:
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
- Ensure recipes are followed and adhered to strictly
- Recipe formulation and costing
- Check production output according to specifications (taste and appearance)
- Ensure TQM
- Submit reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
- Enforce good kitchen management policies
- Ensure standards of hygiene are maintained and that the kitchen complies with health and safety regulations
- Outdoor Catering Services
- Hours of work are generally long should be willing to work occasional weekends and public holidays.
What to expect:
- The environment is fast paced, with an emphasis on delivering good customer service in a limited time frame. You may spend a lot of time “walking the production floor”, moving around on foot or standing. The work can therefore be both physically and mentally demanding.
- A First Degree in any field
- A qualification in catering management
- A good understanding of butchery process and operations
- A food creative person that is interested in food business
- At least 10 years post NYSC cognate experience
- Basic IT skills
- Good managerial skills
- Previous roles of middle or senior management in food retail will be an added advantage.
- Training and knowledge of commercial food preparation, storage and hygiene regulations will be an added advantage.
You’ll need to have:
- Entrepreneurial mind set
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to lead and motivate teams and influence people
- Self-motivation and ambition
- Commercial awareness
- Enthusiasm and the ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational skills
- Energy and stamina, as well as resilience
- A results-driven approach to work
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Subject “Team Lead- Food Production Operations” as the subject of the email.