We are an indigenous non–profit and non–governmental organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team. If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position suits your skills and abilities:
Job Title: Finance Clerk
Job Code: Finance Clerk LAG 405
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and non–compliance challenged.
- Provide quality financial information, review process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Movement of processed memo and vouchers from finance to the final signatory / approval and follow up with pick up of approved vouchers.
- Ensure timely document flow and work turn around in the unit.
- Process Payment voucher / Upload payment voucher into EFT for payment processing for PEARL project.
- Sending payment notification, scanning of approval documents, Photocopy, Sending of Cheques to the Bank for payment, lodgment of WHT cheques for Lagos central office and Sending of Notification to the relevant unit and satellite offices with necessary documents e.g. approved budget.
- Ensure 100% review of scanned documents and save on the designated Hard Drive and on the server.
- Ascertain completeness with management control.
- Prompt filing of approved Memo’s payment vouchers.
- Assist finance staff in the maintenance and organization of the financial documents.
- Also undertake the packaging and storage of documents in an organized manner.
- Ensure that all finance files are safely kept in the finance archive, no missing documents and if any, prepare a list of the missing document with reference and share with Senior Finance Associate for follow up.
- Stamp all the payment vouchers with supporting documents related to the FY22 which was not stamped during the year with stamp and reorganize finance archive according to the financial years.
- Ensure all financial documentation are very tidy and in place.
- Also prepare a list of cancelled cheques (NGN & USD) and confirm that original cheques are filed and if not, report to the Finance Senior Associate for follow up
Qualifications & Experience
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in accounting and 2+ years’ relevant experience in an accounting role preferably in an International NGO setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in oral and written English and must be versatile with the use of computer and Tally.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Submit their Current CV and Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the Job Title, Location and Applicant Full Name (e.g. COM01 Abuja, John Bull).
Click here to apply online
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as an application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- For this position, residents of the Location stated and environs are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.