Ama-Zuma Services Limited is the first of the three companies and was incorporated in Nigeria as a private limited company on the 13th of April 2005, with RC No. 0019499. In its modest period of existence, the company has excelled in the field of Electro-Mechanical Installations, Telecommunication Engineering, Sales & Comprehensive Maintenance of Generators of various capacities.
Following the success of the first company, the board decided to expand its scope of business and considerable investments has been made in the Energy and the Financial sectors of the Nigerian economy, with the establishment of the two sister companies, Ama-Zuma Oil & Gas Nigeria Limited and Ama-Zuma Bureau De Change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Location: Abule Egba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The job holder is to ensure trucks are available at all time for movement of products. You are to ensure minimum downtime of trucks, minimum breakdown of trucks in transit and make sure that expenses on maintenance are minimal.
- Make sure trucks are properly Maintained
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance
- Schedule ,route maintain, and track tucks
- Assume responsibility for the planning, scheduling maintenance and management of all company trucks and drivers to achieve seamless operations in the transport department of the organization.
- Ensure quality of work (maintenance and repair) on fleet and equipment.
- Ensure proper updating of fleet maintenance job cards.
- Developing and implementing fleet preventive maintenance programs
- Monitor and tracking of trucks from the day of dispatch to destination of deliveries and return base and generating required reports.
- Supervise fleet and ensuring that truck drivers adhere to schedule and route destination of trucks on the high way
- Planing of daily activities of transport operations and ensure safe delivery of products
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of replaced parts and equipment.
- Ensure safe work environment and good housekeeping to avoid infractions on statutory regulation.
- Communicate maintenance requirements of transport fleet and implement approved correction actions as required.
- Liaise with Admin to make necessary approvals are gotten for repairs and routine maintenance on time.
- Inspecting trucks and ensure all trucks documentations are up to date
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and other metrics.
- Prepare and submit regular (daily, weekly, and monthly) maintenance/repair reports, and parts usage for Management appraisal.
- Monitor transport spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Ensure investigation and resolution of transport related customer complaints
- Ensuring the safety of the transport fleet compliance with regulatory/legal requirements
Qualifications and Job Specific Competencies
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor’s Degree
- Should have 5 or 8 years relevant experience in logistics is an added advantage
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Effective people management skills and a good team player
- Ability to work independently and execute task effectively
- Good planning and stress management skills
- Must have the Knowledge and experience about Truck management.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “Transport Officer”.