Federal University, Gashua
The Federal University Gashua is one of the 12 new Universities established 6 years ago, by the Federal Government to bridge the gap of University education in all States of the Federation, which hitherto had no Federal Universities. The University, which took off in 2014 started off with a remedial studies programmes and later with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Agriculture which had 21 programmes in all. The Centre for Irrigation and Desertification Studies (CIDS) also commenced operation from inception.
The Vision of the University is, “to be a leading Centre of Excellence distinguished by its innovative and competitive approach to teaching, learning, research and service to humanity”, therefore, it intends to he ranked among the best Universities world-wide.
In according with the Relevant provision of the University Act(No.11) of 1993 as amended by the University (miscellaneous Provision) Act of 2012 the Governing Counsel of Federal University Gashua is inviting interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Gashua, Yobe
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice Chancellor for day to day administrative work of the University.
- He shall be the Secretary of the Governing Counsel, the Senate Convocation and Congregation of the University With such diverse scope of responsibility, the registrar is critical to the overall management of the University
- The successful candidate will be required among other things, to train and give professional leadership to all administration staff so as to ensure efficient and effective administrative performance.
A Candidate for the post must:
- Possess at least a Second-Class (Honours) Lower Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University,
- Be proficient in IT and be current in deploying it at the level required for efficient job performance
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies g NIM, IPMN ANUPA CIA AMN
- Possession of Higher Degree in relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in University administration or twenty (20) years in other institutions of higher learning
- The applicant must be a Deputy Registrar in a recognized University for at least five (5) years.
- Candidate must not be older than sixty (60) years at the date of assumption of duty on appointment. He should also be of sound health
- The applicant should be an excellent manager of human resources and a team player.
- He/she must be of sound judgment, pleasant disposition and proven integrity.
- The position requires a person with good leadership qualities and public relations
Tenure and Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only Salary and other conditions of service including privileges and entitlements shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit 25 copies of their typed applications with photocopies of certificates claimed and Curriculum Vitae containing such personal details in the order listed below:
- Full Name (surname first):
- Date of Birth:
- State of Origin / LGA:
- Permanent Home Address:
- E-Mail Address and Phone number(s):
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (with names And ages):
- Institutions attended (with dates):
- Academic qualifications obtained (with dates):
- Professional Qualifications / Membership of Professional Bodies (with dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary Level & Employer:
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Any Other Relevant Information.
- Names And Addresses of Three Referees (one of whom must be a Professional or authority in University Administration, and one other must be from the applicant’s current place of work):
All applications and the accompanying Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Registrar” to:
Federal University, Gashua,
- Each application must be accompanied by not more than 500 words of vision statement of the Candidate in the twenty first century
- Applicants should also request each of their referees to send his/her report, under confidential cover, direct to the Vice-Chancellor, marked “Referee’s Report for the post of Registrar”.
- Late submissions will not be processed.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.