Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Proposed Start Date: September, 2021
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordinating and implementing of Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery Project for the Lake Chad-(RESILAC) activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and project partners.
- Provide support to the state and national level operation committees and ensure that stakeholders are engaged.
- Integration and cooperation of all technical pillars in the overall implementation strategy at national level.
- Facilitating national governance bodies and developing the project’s influence.
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of the activities of the RESILAC project in Nigeria, its evaluation and its internal and external accountability.
- Reporting to Nigeria Area Coordinator and regional coordination team any major difficulties encountered in implementing the recommendations and / or the necessary adaptation measures.
- Promoting feedback and complaints mechanisms to foster transparency, accountability and ethics of projects, especially among the assisted populations.
- Support the implementation of personnel and population security measures during the implementation of the RESILAC program in Nigeria.
- The project technical conformity with the international rules, guidelines and technical standards as defined with the technical referents of the project.
- Encourage compliance with the Charter and the fight against fraud, corruption and abuse of power; alert the Country Director and regional RESILAC Coordinator in the event of fraud, corruption or abuse of power.
- Timely validation of internal reports and donor reports, as well as project amendments with input from teams.
- Degree in related humanitarian issue
- Level of completed Higher Education (Postgraduate or above) in project management development (a priority), advocacy or humanitarian studies, international relations or political science.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience in coordinating development activities (a priority) or humanitarian activities in a complex environment.
- Professional experience in supervision of multicultural technical teams and management of and in a consortium will be given positive consideration.
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Experience in the country project will be given positive.
- Minimum Basic Salary: N575,072 per month
Other benefits include but are not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage
- Paid leave per year
- Free and direct access to the Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.