Abuja Clinics is a world-class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast cutting-edge equipment that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises accounting work such as the analysis, preparation, maintenance, or evaluation of financial records and reports in accordance with standard accounting principles; personally performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital; applies sound supervisory principles and techniques in building and maintaining an effective workforce; fulfills affirmative action responsibilities, and does related work.
- Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates performance.
- Plans direct, organizes and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation.
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys or analyses for management.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
- Develop or support the preparation of administrative and financial reports for upper management.
- Researches analyzes and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Reviews statements of accounting information and other reports provided by the hospital’s general ledger system.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower-level accountants or other hospital staff with problems, complex issues, or special projects.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance is a must.
- Applicant must have at least 12 years of practicing experience as a Principal Accountant in a similar industry.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA, etc
- He/she must be able to use Ms. Word, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- Must study Accounting, Accountancy or Banking and Finance in First Degree.
- Must have a valid professional license such as ICAN, ACCA etc
- Must have at least 12 years proven post NYSC/Certificate work experience for this position.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.