Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
Seplat Petroleum is a leading indigenous Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria, with dual listing on the Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange and on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrumentation Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To provide leadership, training, and mentorship required in the Instrumentation / Control Engineering discipline of Seplat and to harness and coordinate the Instrumentation / Control Engineering resources of Seplat in delivering the Instrumentation / Control engineering aspects of capital projects to world-class standards to achieve the company’s corporate business objectives.
- To also drive Instrumentation / Control engineering activities in support of modifications, operations, and maintenance of existing facilities via the Seplat’s MoC process to ensure continuous and safe operations of facilities.
- To develop Instrumentation / Control engineering specifications and scoping for projects and to define and institute appropriate recommended practices, codes and standards to be adapted in the Instrumentation / Control engineering group for the proper execution of projects.
- Overall responsibility in planning and timely delivery of Instrumentation/Control Engineering on Capital projects
- Provide site support and technical assistance for the entire project life cycle, of detailed design, construction, hook-up, and commissioning of the new facilities, both in the offshore and onshore work environments.
- Develop and monitor project budget and schedule.
- Observe relevant factory acceptance tests and/or site acceptance tests;
- Be focal point / technical authority for Instrumentation/Control engineering matters throughout all phases of engineering design, construction, installation, and commissioning
- Provide Instrumentation/Control engineering input to other disciplines to assure design outputs are consistent
- Oversee Instrumentation/Control engineering performed by EPIC contractors to ensure compliance with the specifications of the contract.
- Act as company representatives (Instrumentation/Control) to ensure design work by contractors meets project standards and relevant industry recommended practices, codes, and standards
- Monitor performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions relating to Instrumentation/Control design
- Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation
- Participate in HAZOPs, constructability reviews, and other key design reviews. Assist in mentoring and developing Instrumentation/Control Engineers and closing competency gap of engineers by recommending training both in-house and outdoor training.
- B.Sc Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Automation Engineering / Process Control / Instrumentation or any relevant Degree with a minimum of 15 years experience in the Oil & Gas / E&P industry
- Understanding of Full project lifecycle exposure: (Concept to execution) plus Field expansion development experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant standards, norms, and regulations
- Experience in conceptual design studies, FEED, detail design in both Green and brownfield developments.
- IT knowledge and experience in relevant engineering software applications Knowledge of the local environment and operations is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online