Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Business Partner – Commercial, Operations, Support
Employment Type: Full time
- As HR Business Partner, you will be the business partner to the Heads of Commercial, Operations, and Support (which includes Finance, HR, IT, & Legal) departments and own levers on end-to-end employee lifecycle management.
- Onboard new team members into these teams by ensuring a world class onboarding experience by coordinating initiatives to create the best experience for new hires
- Participate in hiring for these teams, developing contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs, craft career paths & learning plans.
- Grow & manage performance for these teams by providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Engage & retain.
- Support organizational development for these functions and participates in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Manage offboarding of employees.
Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online