Ten Degrees Global is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chef
Location: Ekpoma, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Experience Level: Mid-level
- We are looking for a professional chef/cook to prepare and tailor organic and healthy meals, vital for the management of lifestyle disease conditions like diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, obesity/overweight and others for improved health status and overall wellness.
- The individual will help in researching and identifying new recipes, formulating new recipes, and developing new recipes.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Perform intensive research to identify new recipes for lifestyle disease management.
- Should be able to prepare both local and continental dishes in a healthy way
- Should be able to work with an existing recipe and adapt to healthy cooking to improve wellness.
- Should be able to identify, create and document recipes.
- Build good relationships with customers, clients, business partners.
- Create appetizing and appealing dishes using culinary expertise.
- Ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks’ tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer
- Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
- Training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pans, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Reordering stock and food supply
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food properly.
- Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Check supplies and prep lists and ensure all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Serve food in proper portions on to correct serving vessels and plates.
- Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the hotel’s standards.
- Setting up kitchen and procurement of kitchen equipment.
- Candidate should possess either ND, HND or B.Sc. in any relevant field.
- Two (2)years and above of practical working experience in the food industry.
- Having B.Sc. in food nutrition and dietetics is an added advantage
- The candidate should have attended a culinary school with pragmatic cooking skills.
- Certified culinary training
- Proficient knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Great analytical skills and problem-solving.
- Leadership skills.
- N120,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.