LifeBank is a healthcare technology and logistics company that’s in the business of saving lives. We believe that no African should die from a shortage of essential medical products at the hospital level, and we are on a mission to solve this. LifeBank is currently working on the blood shortage problem in Nigeria by connecting hospitals to blood banks, and blood banks to donors. We do this by hosting blood drives and by delivering blood in less than 55 minutes, in a WHO and EU recommended cold-chain, to hospitals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Lead
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Country Manager and the Director of Operations
- The Operations Lead will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of LifeBank.
- S/he will be expected to provide oversight to the fulfilment team and ensure LifeBank products are delivered faster and in the right condition.
- Provide oversight of the fulfillment and customer service units.
- Establish priorities and sequences for the ordering, processing and dispatching of customer requests.
- Develop, implement and monitor local processes that are necessary to meet transportation and supply services requirements.
- Plan and organize tasks and resources to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies in alignment with the company’s mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning.
- Review operating reports and resolve operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Monitor, develop and revise standard operational procedures and work practices in accordance with regulatory and organizational standards.
- Help analyze current operations and make recommendations on ways to improve.
- Perform other managerial duties as assigned.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Fully automate fulfillment process.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Business Management, Operations Management, Project Management or Science-related course
- 3 – 5 years similar experience in leadership level in the healthcare, logistics, pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good leadership, stress and time management skills.
- Have a deep desire to work in the start-up industry
- Technology industry awareness
- Highly organized and detailed
- Passion for people
- Very tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves to fix things.
- Work in the office
- Required to work overtime, on weekends
- Will be required to travel
- Reporting Relationships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and necessary documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.