Eatwell is a retailer of a wide variety of raw, and value-added meats, seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Our products include wholesale and retail size cuts of beef, lamb and pork, diverse poultry items such as chicken, duck, quail and wide selection of seafood to include fish, crabs, calamari, and octopus.
Semi processed items like burger patties, meat balls, sausages, pre-marinated kebabs, are also offered, alongside ready to eat snacks. Our lean meat and superfoods section for the health conscious is supported with our in house food advisory staff.
We offer convenience across all our sales channels and you can experience this by either walking into our store or shopping via any of our shopping channels; our website and social media platforms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Science and Technologist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Food Scientist and Technologist will research food safety, new means of creating and improving food products, and methods to supplement and maintain the quality control standard.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ascertains the maturity or stability of raw ingredients; evaluates the safety, quality, and nutritional value of finished products.
- Identifies the preferred or most efficient methods of cooking specific foods to optimize and preserve vitamins, nutrients, and physical characteristics.
- Ensures sanitation, quality, safety, and waste management standards are met within food processing areas.
- Test new products for flavor, texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to government and industry standards.
- Resolves product development issues in collaboration with plant operators, packaging and marketing specialists, process engineers, or flavor experts.
- Ensure compliance with all NAFDAC, legal and government regulations.
- Ensure all labels, nutritional information, and manufacturing data are correct.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Agricultural Science, or related area required; Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Between 5 to 10 years working experience in food processing, preferably with at least 2 in manufacturing/plant.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) as well as worker safety, social and environmental sustainability.
- Proven track record in providing technical solutions to food processing.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English are required.
- Good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint).
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Thorough, applied understanding of food processing operations, food laws and regulations, food analysis, and food engineering.
- Ability to analyze various components of food, processing, and packaging and properly interpret and report results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.