United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Collateral Management
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
At UBA, we strongly believe that our people are critical to our success in building a sustainable and dominant business in the countries we operate in, across Africa and beyond. We go to great lengths to source, attract, recruit, develop and retain the best talent, wherever they may be in the world. To this end, we are always striving to:
- Provide a non-threatening environment that encourages and rewards role-model performance.
- Help our work-force maintain a healthy balance between work and their personal lives amongst others….
Interested in joining the UBA Tribe? We are currently sourcing for a Talented and experienced individual to lead Collateral Management with a reporting to Credit Monitoring. Our Ideal Candidate must have;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience post call to bar
- Work in a Bank, preferably a Commercial Bank
- Experienced in Loan Documentation
- A Law background
- Understand Credit Risk Management
- To manage collateral securities for credits Groupwide
Roles & Responsibilities
- Post-disbursement review of collateral documentation (deferrals, insurance, valuation, collateral adequacy, others)
- Follow up perfection of collateral securities
- Collateral Site Inspection/visitation
- Detection and escalation of breaches of policy on collateralization.
- Implementation of policy driven collateral related Sanctions.
- Preparation of exception reports.
- Identification of warning signals and flagging likely problems before they crystallize.
- Regular rendition of exceptions reports to Management.
- All other activities as delegated by the Unit Head
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Educational Level – LLB,BL
- Minimum of 8 years post Call to Bar experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Law & Credit risk management
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Team leader with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: Careers@ubagroup.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email