54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Market Research / Field Insights Specialist
Employment Type: Contract
- 54gene is seeking field researchers and market insights specialists to support the growth of its business and contribute towards market and product launches.
- The field researcher/market insight specialist will be responsible for coordinating and gathering essential research and data for 54gene from its external stakeholders and analysing this information to contribute towards our corporate strategy and growth plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop robust questionnaires that enable business teams to conduct surveys and interviews
- Interview a wide range of stakeholders including physicians, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, business owners and customers to gain insights
- Perform field research including but not limited to collating competitor prices, investigating customer needs and requirements
- Gathering continuous feedback on customers’ needs and desires; design/specify the research needed to obtain ongoing market information
- Provide assistance in developing targeting marketing campaigns
- Assist in identifying and developing effective outbound promotional and sales tools.
- Analyse insights into recommendations for 54gene business units
- Coordinate data collection internally and externally and contribute towards building a 54gene knowledge database that is regularly updated and easily access by all.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Science or Medical Degree with an understanding of the pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics and genomics market
- 2+ years of professional work experience.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Marketing and market research experience
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively and represent 54gene on the field.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to derive key insights from data that aid in decision making.
- Cross functional expertise and the ability to work in a collaborative matrix environment and collaborate with multiple teams and levels of management.
- Temporary 3 month contract to start with
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
- Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.