Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Bonny, Rivers (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- Execute the implementation on projects of the Management/Construction Information Systems utilized for the management of construction quantities, for the planning, progress recording, quality assessment, accounting of construction works, and collecting erected/installed quantities, in compliance with projects requirements and Company procedures.
- In case of activities on Mechanical Information Systems the mission includes coordination of the implementation of Spooling, Welding and Material Traceability Systems.
- The Quantity Surveyor supports the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the following tasks.
- Update the project bill of quantities in the form of a quantity record booklet according to passive invoicing procedures
- Update the project management database with actual data
- Supply/verify quantitative data for the preparation of extra works and day-works and support the Discipline Superintendent and management team for proper definition of any NP (New Price) and CWO (Change Work Order)
- Ensure the monitoring of daily man-hours/ equipment spent by site contractors or by direct hiring activities
- Monitor the actual quantities to assess both the active and the passive progress measurement according with the contracts in place
- Verify the correct implementation and use of the project management information systems for the project (also for subcontractors when required)
- Verify data consistency in respect to company procedures, project agreements, preambles, price list and specific requirements defined in the subcontracts in place
- Assist the Discipline Superintendent and Mgmt. Syst. and Quantity Manager with the creation of the necessary reports
- Verify the monitoring of daily man-hours/ equipment spent by site subcontractors or by direct hiring activities
- Ensure the correct work progress statements and relevant certification of subcontractors works, for accountability purposes, in accordance with the project procedures, preambles, price list, Company standards and information systems, and contract/ subcontracts requirements.
- Support the Construction Manager and management team (i.e., Discipline Superintendent, Contract Manager, Risk Manager, Project manager) for early detection of risks and opportunities related to the performance of the subcontractors (delay estimation, backup plan against subcontractor claims, etc.)
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the technical-administrative settling of claims presented by subcontractors and/ or to Client
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the analysis of construction feasibility of its own discipline based on IFC drawings
- Assist the Construction Manager and the Discipline Superintendent in the budgeting of preemptive accountability based on IFC drawings
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar / related / equivalent discipline
- About 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in the energy/ construction industry.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online