IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, IT Infrastructure Assessment & Review
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior career
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our team in Nigeria as Specialist, IT Infrastructure Assessment & Review.
- The Specialist, IT Infrastructure Assessment & Review will support and contribute towards continuous improvement of the company’s cyber-security posture by applying technical know-how and skills to address ongoing enterprise-wide infrastructure security-related issues.
- Safeguard IHS by detecting, preventing and mitigating information security (IS) threats to the company’s infrastructure.
- Provide quarterly network vulnerability assessment of the company’s IT infrastructure by integrating the following tasks:
- Gather intelligence
- Document active and stealth nodes
- Enumerate all trust relationships
- Identify exposure using commercial tools
- Scan network vulnerability
- Analyze, categorize and validate vulnerabilities
- Catalogue exposure
- Examine external visible points of presence
- o Query DNS records and enumerate external nodes
- Perform TCP/UDP scan of nodes
- Conduct manual testing and repeat identification
- Support management in realizing cybersecurity ROI
- Collaborate with Group Cyber-security team to drive cybersecurity initiatives.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise network, routers and switches
- Support the implementation of IS projects.
- Assess vulnerabilities related to the company’s network by following general accepted methodology for network assessments.
- Carry out port scans to identify insecure port configurations.
- Continuously monitor the company’s external visible points of presence.
- Provide second-line support for IT security-related issues.
- Collect evidence and documentation of all network-related exposures.
- Deploy Sophos endpoint for 2000 endpoints and 200 servers and for monitoring/ response to detected malware attacks.
- Monitor the company’s Operations Management Suite (OMS) platform for endpoints and severs. Identify and responding to security threats on the platform.
- Monitor firewall logs.
- Conduct network device review covering the following
- Router security reviews:
- Clear Text Rlogin Protocol Service
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Clear text (Tenet) review
- Console Connection Timeout
- Outbound Administrative Access Review
- Packet Assembler/ Disassembler
- Review IDS policies based on the company’s requirements and best practices.
- Carry out threat monitoring by reviewing firewall and IPS alerts. Follow up with appropriate action.
- Investigate and block phishing email.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, IT Security Operations.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- +5-6 years’ relevant experience in information security and network vulnerability management.
- Professional certifications will be an asset, e.g. ISO27005: Information Security Risk, CEH, EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Strong background in security infrastructure and various network technologies, e.g. firewalls, VPN, intrusion/ extrusion detection, vulnerability and risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, data loss prevention, whole disk and device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common windows (desktop and server) platforms.
- Demonstrable experience with network and infrastructure vulnerability scanners such as Nessus, NEXPOSE, Nipper, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of security best practices such as defence in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, and encryption.
- Hands on experience with security systems, e.g. firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Proven experience in network security, networking technologies and network monitoring tools.
- Must possess thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Lifecycle Management
- Security Incident Response
- Systems Auditing
- Database Security
- Firewall Design
- Intrusion Detection
- System Administration Implementation
- Telecommunications, Network, Wireless & Internet Security
- Customer Focus – People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
- Innovation – People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
- Integrity – People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions and treat their stakeholders with respect.
- Be Bold – People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!