Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting a competent, self-motivated and result-oriented candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: Head, Audit
Job Type: Full Time
- The candidate would play a critical role in delivering the Media Trust Limited strategic objectives by objectively assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an adequate internal control system that is in accordance with management policies and procedures.
- Develop annually a risk-based internal audit plan
- Help in identifying and communicating risk policies and processes in the organization.
- Evaluate the adequacy of Management’s fraud prevention strategies.
- Evaluate and review fraud control policies and procedures.
- Report periodically to the Board of Directors through the Board Audit Committee stating the result of Audit findings and related recommendations,
- Improve process efficiency and establish necessary measures to cover all processes within the organization.
- To provide hands on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risks and, ensure controls are operating effectively.
- Review system Audit to ensure that the proper audit and fiscal control techniques are incorporated, review and suggest changes to fiscal controls and audit procedures of software systems.
- Ensure the reliability of information and management accounts, and investigate sensitive and fraud related issues.
- Ensure that internal procedures agree with corporate policies, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that pre-audit oversight is conducted on all company related expenses.
- Do periodic visits to outstations to ensure strict adherence to financial policy by all.
- Bi-annual Audit review of all the department in the company
- Provide supervisory oversight at the time of production at all the company’s press locations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Social Sciences related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in business-related field or management is an added advantage.
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, IIA, CISA or a recognized professional accounting / auditing association is required.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in an accounting/auditing role is required. Five (5) of the ten years should have been served at the Managerial level.
- Understanding of Audit policies and procedures, documentation, investigation principles and practice
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and in-depth knowledge of the operations/ activities within a media organization
- Expertise in the collation, analysis, and summary of financial operations data
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online