The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
SVN No.: SVN2022.056
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organizational Unit : Procurement & Logistics
IOM Classification: G2
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Logistics Officer and direct Supervision of Senior Driver, the incumbent shall be responsible for driving IOM vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by IOM, from one destination to another in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Drive IOM vehicle(s) and execute the tasks as assigned by the Senor Driver.
- Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tyres, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Draft weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Senior Driver. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Driver in planning and control of (regular) services.
- Ensure that in case of accident, supervisors are informed, and a police report is obtained.
- Maintain the vehicle road logbook at all times.
- Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools.
- Refuel the vehicle as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is only used for official/authorized business.
- Ensure that the keys are returned for safeguarding at the end of the shift or handed over to the next driver.
- Availability to work during weekends and after hours as requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- High School Certificate / Diploma in related fields.
- Professional certification in Driving/Auto Mechanics.
- Continuous driving experience
- Valid Driving License
- Possession of a Government driving test grade I and II;
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs;
- Good knowledge of routes within the Lagos State, Edo State and surrounding states in particular.
- Good knowledge and working experience with HF and VHF Radios
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Flexible in terms of working hours.
- Mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated basic computer literacy, especially in Ms Office: Word and Outlook.
- Fluency in English is required, Fluency in multiple languages advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms, accepts and gives constructive criticism, follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs, monitors own work to correct errors
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues’ learning, demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information, writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience, listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities, identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities, incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation, persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress, treats all colleagues with respect and dignity, works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts, knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions.
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team Environment, contributes to, and follows team objectives, gives credit where credit is due, seeks input and feedback from others, actively supports and implements final group decisions.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.056 Lagos. Driver, G2.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
- Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.