EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Consultant
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Senior Manager, Clinical and Laboratory Informatics
Summary of Job
- The senior software engineer is expected to have expert knowledge of mobile application development using languages such as Java, Kotlin, and flutter.
- In this role, through architecture and hands-on programming, you will support EHA Clinics’ products’ technical roadmap, and work with the development team to design and build advanced features into products, and ensure they are robust and reliable in 24/7 operations.
- Working closely with the product owner, the software engineer will oversee the development of the SMART Application. SMART is a mobile EMR for malaria and sickle cell disease diagnosis, built using Java/Kotlin and powered by an Odoo backend.
- However, the engineer can also be assigned to work on other projects with other teams within the Informatics unit.
- We use an array of technologies and languages which include; Java, Kotlin, flutter/dart, Firebase, Git, Continuous integration tools, Postgres etc
- While we do not expect that the engineer has sufficient experience using this wide array of technologies, we expect someone with an appetite for learning and grasping new technologies as demanded by the project.
The requirements listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Good knowledge of technology across several domains, with expert-level knowledge of Android application development using java and/or Kotlin
- At least 5 years’ experience in building mobile applications
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases and NoSQL Databases – design development, optimization, and performance tuning
- Rock-solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, automated testing, as well as other engineering best practices
- Good understanding of what is needed to get things done in a collaborative manner
- Attention to details, not only caring about writing codes that work, but about performance, scalability, security, and optimization
- Ability to look at the big picture and the small details, and make design and architecture decisions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Guide problem solving and architectural decisions within the team and across the company.
- Mentor junior developers, analyze and review the codebase to ensure security and scalability.
- Understudy the business processes (EMR, Inventory, Accounting, etc.), and design systems that adequately address business needs.
- Develop and optimize services with profiling, debugging, data structure, and algorithms.
- Design, architect, and refactor software for a wide range of services.
- Define, capture and use real-time event data to build metrics and dashboards that support data-driven development
- Collaborate with DevOps, QA engineers, and other developers to drive forward how we build, test, and deploy our services
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices, inspiring your colleagues with examples and concepts
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define best practice standard operating procedures for all functional aspects of the business that are supported by the Odoo ERP
- Responsible for requirements gathering and scope definition together with various business stakeholders
- Assist in data integration and mapping. Data is required to be transferred to and from Odoo to other mission-critical systems
- Determine reporting requirements, and fulfill the proper long-term solution for delivering this reporting
Desirable but not required:
- Good knowledge of application development using a hybrid framework such as flutter/dart
- Understanding of agile methodology
- Experience with the following tools: Git, Jira, Docker, Circleci, Travis, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, CI/CD, Postgres
- The Senior Software Engineer – Consultant is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- All staff at EHA Clinics are occasionally expected to work beyond the mandated 8 hours a day when the need occurs.
A competitive salary scale that is negotiable, but performance-based.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online