Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Researcher
Purpose of Position
- This position reports to the Director of the LBS Public Sector Initiative and entails undertaking analysis and research independently and within a team approach in a fast-moving and changing environment, often involving multiple stakeholders.
- The position will involve working at the School’s research departments and knowledge centres. Presentation and communication of research and research results to a variety of audiences and in different venues is also involved (i.e. presentations at conferences, workshops, team meetings as well as in various written publications). Peak times will occur near deadlines for reporting analysis and results to project stakeholders.
- This position involves coordination with multiple stakeholders, survey and interview administration, data compilation and analysis of population data and policies related to public-private sector partnerships, sustainable and inclusive economic development especially in Nigeria.
- Critically, this position will require good understanding of business, management, social/economic policies, and the workings of the public sector. This individual will primarily be engaged in research projects aligned with the public sector- ministries, organizations, state-owned firms, working collaboratively within a team of academics and industry stakeholders.
- This individual will also be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of research assistants and therefore require strong skills in communication, organization, people management, and leadership.
Essential Key Responsibilities
Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Development of research projects, review of the relevant literature, data gathering, application of appropriate theory and empirical analysis, development and assessment of results, development of policy implications and recommendations, and the writing and presentation of reports and other study products to stakeholders
- Presentation and publication of high-quality policy papers.
- Apply analysis involving anything from simple data regression models up to and including advanced econometric analytics, as well as graphic representation of conclusions and results.
- Undertake a careful and insightful evaluation and interpretation of all analytical results. The candidate will assess and interpret results in the context of existing literature and policy recommendations
- Organize time effectively so that research results are produced by set deadlines that support overall project timelines
- Provide an evaluation of all policy implications of the results and develop carefully considered recommendations for practical and effective policy responses based on data analysis
- Engage in stakeholder consultation and partner development meetings to guide analysis
- Regularly updates project team on data collection and analysis, as well as prepare and present reports of results using excellent technical writing skills
- Engage with project and research teams and external research collaborators to ensure consistency and organization within research projects, as well as to build and sustain research momentum.
- The role should have a growth path into the role of faculty.
- PhD qualification in Economics, Public Policy, Business Management.
- 3 – 4 years postdoctoral research experience
- Related work experience in public policy, advocacy and/or consulting.
- Database compilation and management experience
- Knowledge of state and federal economic policies and programs in Nigeria.
- Understanding of experimental design and scientific process
- Knowledge of bibliographic research methods and familiarity with relevant databases essential
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Experience with software (Invivo), databases as well as Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Stata, Econometrics)
- Experience managing complex projects and working collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality publications and presentations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in performance of day- to-day duties while remaining adaptable and flexible in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Exhibits strong organizational skills for the collection, maintenance and organization of data and relevant literature
- Ability to follow established procedures for research work, but also displays the ability to be innovative with respect to suggesting new procedures/evaluation methods.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- LBS offers equal employment opportunity.