The Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy is a one-year Fellowship programme initiated by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu that will offer life changing, nonpartisan and meritocratic opportunities to young Nigerians who desire to impact their generation. The value of investing in leadership has been well established in all sectors. A rationale for investing in leadership development that is more specific to foundations is that doing so can contribute to the effectiveness of a country to which the foundation is already committed.
The Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy is a program that aims to build skills, awareness, and a nuanced perspective among young people to tackle challenges in various fields including the public sector. The program will offer first-hand experience into the process of governance at a State government level. Fellows will also participate in round table discussions with renowned leaders from both the public and private sectors and partake in domestic and international policy trips. The annual Fellowship is designed to mentor young Nigerians. It will offer bright young Nigerians the chance to support Nigeria’s recovery through inclusive, sustainable and development solutions.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy Fellowship Programme 2022
- The Fellowship is designed to offer opportunities to young Nigerians who aspire for future leadership positions in order to impact their generation.
- In consonance with this vision, the academy is positioned to develop future leaders for public service and governance by equipping them with the requisite skills to foster commitment to this course and instilling in them the ethics and values of purposeful leadership through direct mentoring and on-the-job training.
The Fellowship is open to young Nigerians at the mid stage of their career who are innovative, dynamic, driven and have a high degree of intellectual curiosity with a service-oriented mind and profound sense of purpose.
It is required that applicants must:
- Be a Nigerian
- Have 3 years work experience
- Be under 35 years
- Hold a minimum of HND or Bachelor’s Degree
- Have completed National Youth Service Corps or have exemption certificate.
Benefits and Experience
- Mentorship from renowned leaders
- Innovative learning curriculum
- Hands-on leadership experience
- Participation in community projects
- Continuous multi-source feedback
- One-on-one leadership coaching
- Network of alumni
- Shadowing Lagos State Cabinet Members
- International policy travels.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online