Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Petrophysicist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Prepare, supervise and quality control cost-effective logging programs.
- Provide high quality petro physical support to the appraisal, development, and reservoir management of the company as assigned by the Chief Petro physicist from time to time.
- Participate in detailed and integrated sub-surface studies. Conducts routine, well defined studies to identify the presence of hydrocarbons, evaluate reservoir characteristics and associated risks and uncertainties.
- Carry out detailed petro physical analysis in support of static and dynamic subsurface model, including production of CPI of log data; qualitative and quantitative evaluation of hydrocarbon zones, to determine petro physical parameters (porosity, water saturation and salinity, pay thickness, permeability prediction, etc.); saturation height function models based on available data; formation pressure analysis; including core analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences with minimum of 7 – 11 years experience, depending on academic qualification. (Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage).
- Logging Program, Procedures and Operations.
- Mud Logging and Hydrocarbon Identification.
- Open Hole Log Interpretation.
- Cased Hole Logging Interpretation.
- Experience working with Operator.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to function effectively in multidisciplinary teams, within matrix organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills is required.
- Experience at coaching and mentoring junior staff.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online