The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scheduler
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Pay band: 4
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Six months Maternity Cover
Department: English and Exams
- To support planning and tracking exams capacity requirements against demand from 18 months out on a 12-month rolling basis down to handover to Operations Managers for Resource Management and Test Day delivery.
- It will also monitor and review changes to plan reporting on requirements to fill capacity, effectiveness of Planning and cost to serve.
- This role will work across functions in country to ensure counterparts understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The role holder will execute capacity management plans. Supports Operations Planning Manager to collaborate with Commercial function for demand planning purposes
- Monitors rolling 18 month plan and makes appropriate changes to plans. Keeps Operations teams up to date on any changes.
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so, in relation to venue and demand management. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Provides support to Operations Planning Manager on planning future changes to delivery profiles
- Contingency planning and risk management of supply.
- Adheres to set standards and performance manage Exam security and compliance
- Proactively escalate issues to Operations Planning Manager, as required.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience of identifying suppliers in a business environment
- Experience of translating demand requirements to ensure capacity can be met to deliver operationally within a large business
- Experience managing small teams or demonstrating management potential
- Experience in third party relationship management
- University Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience of working across a dispersed team within a single country
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
NGN 6,154,368.00 per annum.
Application Closing Date
8th May, 2022. at 23:59 Nigeria Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
- The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment.
- We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability.
- All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status.
- We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
- We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website.
- Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website.
- Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
- If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.