Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training, Assessment & Progression (A&P) Coordinator
Job type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard
Job Purpose / Objective
- Coordinate all competency development, training and assessment of Operators and Supervisors (Panel & Field) through the utilization of the Operator Training Simulator (OTS) and other tools/packages in order to Operate the Plant safely, efficiently and profitably to meet business delivery plan.
- Develop and coordinate the training and certifications of PTW authorities, AGST, AGSI and review the training procedures periodically in line with industry best practice
- Coordinate the day-to-day assessment and maintenance activities for the OTS ensuring maximum availability and reliability. Act as NLNG/Operations Dept “focal point” with the OTS vendor to assess, develop and implement system improvements ensuring training and testing simulations remain “real”.
- Develop and administer OTS and written “Competency Assurance” test packages for Panel & Field personnel ensuring effective ASM (Abnormal Situation Management), SSS (Stabilize / Slowdown / Shutdown) and cover the ESP techniques of Proactive Monitoring. Ensure all Learnings from Incidents” are captured in the OTS training materials and training records are in place for effective learnings.
- Develop Unit based training for basic, intermediate and advanced level that compliments competence development for new operators and others using interactive tools – web based, Computer Based Training (CBT) and develop operations e-learning in conjunction with the HRL team.
- Coordinate with the Site A&P Coordinators in the planning and delivery of required Training programme to ensure the new Operators and Technician are effectively and fully integrated into A&P scheme
- Coordinate the day-to-day assessment and maintenance activities for the Operations Task monitoring tools (RFID, Handheld and Field Advisor Software) ensuring maximum availability and reliability.
- Develop simplified version of specialized training for ease of understanding and knowledge transfer to operators, supervisor and shift Leadership in line with JCP, learning Ladder/PDP & DNA. Act as focal for JCP & Competency level setting for PO Department.
- Coordinate the training and development of Assessors and ensure quality standard across all shift. Develop A&P assessment guide for Assessor and Assesse. Support the recruitment process for Operators and Job Instructors.
- Coordinate Operation Emergency Response preparedness and embedding ESP Culture in Operation to assure competence of safety critical positions in reducing operations risk to ALARP.
Major Challenges and Other Responsibilities:
- Staff Development by coaching, mentoring, conducting staff appraisals, setting competency levels, and training programs to meet the manpower requirement for PO group.
- Lead in the development and implementation of Emergency Response Process and Procedure on Site Support in the implementation of ASM especially the Ensure Safe Production (ESP) and Asset Integrity-Process Safety Modules in line with Group guidelines and standards.
- Develop training schedule for panel operator training and maintain a record of all the training executed on the simulator for Audit and Assurance purpose to show competence of the trainees to meet business need.
- Overview of plant operations and operating strategies by mastering processes and equipment in all operational areas, requiring years of gradual professional development to acquire the requisite A&P skill blocks.
- Keeping abreast of new learning, new technology and Learning from Incidents worldwide.
- Direct impact on reducing human errors and repeat incidents through insights into Lessons Learnt.
- HND or a University Degree in Engineering or equivalent certification in sciences
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in LNG Plant or Oil and Gas industry Operations, Commissioning and Start up with at least 10 years’ experience at senior level.
- 5-year experience as a Trainer/Job Instructor
- Experience in providing CSU related design input and working in an EPC or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management processes
- A certified A1 Assessor
- Strong supervisory/leadership skill of leading multi-discipline teams, effective at staff engagement
- Has proven hands on coaching skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
- Communicates effectively and clearly in English language Strong team player, willing to overcome differences and collaborate with multiple disciplines
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online