Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Graphic Design
Job Code: 6937
Location: Abuja (with travel to program offices in Nigeria and work locations)
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management
- The Graphic Design Specialist will provide creative inputs and operational support to the implementation of the DAI strategic communication, knowledge management, and learning portfolio.
- In line with the knowledge management & communications strategy, he/she will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to produce high impact deliverables.
- The Graphic Designer will be responsible for enhancing the design elements of DAI’s internal and external communications in print and digital media, including newsletters, presentations, print publications, reports, proposals, infographics, case studies, discourse events, websites, social media, online resource platforms, media products, and media campaigns and so on.
- This is a full-time, professional graphic & visual design position providing support to a broad range of creative needs.
- The Graphic Design Specialist will work primarily within the SCKM unit based in Abuja and will provide support as necessary to support projects, including potential travel to the field.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead digital design efforts in the Nigeria office and ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- Ensure digital and creative products are effective across platforms and align to a cohesive and compelling visual aesthetic.
- Possess photography, videography, and digital analytics skills
- Create branded visuals based on target audience, communication goals, requirements, and limitations, including website assets, infographics, illustrations, logos, icons, social media posts, flyers, brochures, video, and other creative assets to support communication services.
- Participate in collaborative learning, brainstorming, and feedback sessions to help envision themes, design directions, and concept development for marketing, events, and other initiatives.
- Create illustrations, infographics for articles on DAI online publications.
- Update digital design and print-ready marketing material.
- Adapt graphics for use across all platforms (social media, video, print, banner).
- Utilize client and/or DAI style guides and brand standards in the design process.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are high-quality, digitally accessible, and align with brand standards, and maintain consistency across brands and campaigns.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and an ability to present ideas based on industry best practices.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and research skills
- Commitment to a career in international development, research & analysis, and communications.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline and a strong design portfolio that provides evidence of creativity and an ability to interpret design briefs aesthetically.
- At least 6 years of experience working in the fields of graphic design and multimedia for development projects.
- Proficiency in a range of computer design packages Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and in the use of digital marketing tools like MailChimp
- Knowledge of design layout of art and copy – arrangement, hierarchy, typography, and digital applications size, style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Storyboard, design, and typography skills.
- Expertise integrating audience research and user testing.
- Thorough understanding of the print process and ability to handle quality assurance.
- Experience editing video in Premiere, Final Cut, or creating motion graphics with After Effects.
- Ability to adapt to new insights and learn in the course of your work.
- Adept at working remotely and in-office in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Team player—collaborative person with good interpersonal skills able to interact with a variety of people.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online