WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Strategic Partnerships and Grants Management – Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- The Partnerships and Grants Management team will support fundraising and the building of partnerships with donors, government, private sector and civil society organisations as well as ensure compliance to donor requirements for the management of secured grants.
- The Head of Strategic Partnerships and Grants Management will support the Country Programmes’s efforts at forging strategic partnerships, resource mobilization and grants management from diverse sources.
- In particular, the role will gather and analyse strategic donor intelligence; building effective liaisons with academia, private, for-profit and non-profit entities, multilateral/bilateral funding institutions that will translate into project development and funding of projects.
- The role (fixed-term 2 years renewable, full time) will be accountable for ensuring that project implementation and reporting are in compliance with donor contract conditions etc.
- The post holder will also be expected to build strong and effective collaborations with colleagues in WaterAid Nigeria, WaterAid West Africa Region, WaterAid International Member Countries, Partner Organisations and a wide range of stakeholders to achieve success.
- Develop the short-term and long-term fundraising strategy and plans required to deliver WaterAid Nigeria’s overall strategy.
- In collaboration with colleagues, assure good relationships with funders is maintained by WaterAid Nigeria. Act as the main point of contact for the funder, Regional Funding Manager, Global Fundraising Managers and member country fundraising teams by responding to queries in a timely effective manner.
- Support risk management by developing and maintaining risk management plans for donor-contract funded programmes.
- Effectively support and challenge programmes teams, finance teams and partners to flag project risks and ensure plans for mitigation of the risks are communicated to the Country Programme Senior Management Team, Regional Funding Manager, member fundraising teams and funder in good time.
- Coordinate planning for any mitigation strategies to respond to contract risks and propose changes to be requested from the funder concerned as necessary.
To be successful in this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- University / Masters level Degree in International Development, Business, Marketing or other related discipline
- Minimum of six (6) years post qualification work experience of which at least three (3) years should be in the management of institutional funding, especially with leading donors
- Prior experience in developing a fundraising strategy at a country/regional level
- Strong network within donor communities and the private sector
- Prior experience leading a fundraising or business development team in an organizational context with a similar profile as WaterAid Nigeria.
- Prior experience in institutional fundraising
- Strong proposal writing and coordination skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong experience in reviewing, monitoring and reporting against funder contracts
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter in a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
- The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
- All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
- No recruitment agencies please.