The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnerships Officer – NOC
Requisition ID: 161040
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Fixed Term: UN – Africa, Western
- Guided by the Corporate Partnership Strategy, to manage effective relationships and collaboration with external partners in order to meet WFP strategic objectives.
- To represent WFP externally to safeguard and promote WFP interests.
- To ensure a flow of relevant information between WFP and partners, and propose opportunities for synergies that maximise results.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Implement the work plan for assigned area, in order to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of results, in accordance with WFP and Corporate Partnership strategy.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, in order to keep them informed on important, strategic operational WFP issues.
- Represent WFP in UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, member states, provide them with information on the programme and develop joint information programmes to increase WFP’s profile and protect its interests.
- Identify opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies, and make suggestions to senior Officers in order to support more effective and efficient approach to food assistance.
- Prepare and provide information for member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of WFP.
- Communicate to WFP relevant discussion and feedback on programme activities and issues of priority to WFP, gathered from member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners to engage them with intergovernmental/interagency discussion, and inform future activities.
- Obtain inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and taken into account in decision making.
- Research and analyse current activities, political and social events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments in order to identify issues that may impact WFP activities, inform senior Officers and propose positions on these issues.
- Participate in the implementation of relevant inter-agency initiatives which have been prioritized corporately, providing central resources and local training in order to contribute to sustainable change.
- Plan and supervise the work of more junior staff to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Other as required.
- The incumbent will report to the Head of Unit in Abuja
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Advanced University Degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Journalism, International Relations, Communications or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Five years or more professional work experience in Partnership roles
- Language: Fluency (level C) in the English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Has gained experience in implementing the work plan for assigned area
- Has built and maintained effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners
- Has researched and analysed social and political trends data
- Has managed small teams of staff with related areas of expertise
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.