Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Employment Type: Contract
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, rreporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Nursing team supervisor ensures the running of Nursing activities in Toro hospital in conjunction with the NAM.
- The nurse supervisor is also required to follow-up and provides guidance to the MOH nurses and ensure roster is followed and proper nursing care carried.
- Nurse Supervisor to ensure proper documentation and monitoring of patients .
- Nurse supervisor should ensure the scheduling duty rosters and shift for the medical team is done and followed weekly and monthly bases and report any issue regarding this for better improvement.
- Attend relevant meetings in the project if needed.
- With support from NAM , Promote capacity building for national staff under his/her supervision by identifying training needs and provide on the job trainings.
- Supervise the implementation of standards procedures, and providing technical support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance.
- Registered Nurse with Diploma in Nursing.
- 2 years of previous experience in Pediatric and or malnutrition management center.
- Local language.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries
- Mission language.
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.