Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Abakiliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Support the PMR in the preparation of International Orders
- Liaise with the supply department for everything concerning the management of stock (Orders, Inventory, Transport etc.)
- Support the clinical team in the management of stock at end users’ units
- Support the PMR in the monthly consumption stock analysis in order to avoid ruptures and waste of overstock drugs.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in the fields of Pharmacy / Pharmacy Management
- Valid License and membership of a relevant professional body (essential).
- At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager (essential)
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- English Language essential.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume with copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: Msfocb-Ebonyiemail@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Sumit the Hard copy of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume with copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.