Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Alagbado, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Detailed Job Description
- Ensure that the equipment and the entire production areas meet the hygiene standard before the commencement of production
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards
- Working with operating staff to enforce procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- Recording and analyzing statistical information
- Take a random check of the batter, icing sugar.etc at a regular interval
- Carry out a raw materials check list and process check during production activities such as mixing, baking, etc.
- Ensure that specification of weight of the raw materials meets with the standard
- Ensure that the workers comply with good manufacturing practice (GMP) and good hygiene practice (GHP) of the factory
- Ensure that standard operating procedure (SOP) is followed throughout the whole production process
- Ensure that the packaging machine is clean and free from debris, dust and crumbs before production
- Ensure uniformity of the product packed in terms of the colour, size, shape etc
- Ensure proper coding and sealing of the finished product
- Serve as acting QCC in the absence of QCC
- Develop quality assurance plan by conducting hazard analysis, identifying critical control point and preventive measure.
- Reviewing IT and QC officers’ process check and check list.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- B.Sc Food Science and other related discipline. Minimum of Second class (upper division)
- ISO 22000, QMS certified
- Must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, Power Point
- 2-3 years’ experience as QC officer preferably in a manufacturing company
Required Skills / Attributes
- Sound awareness of emerging issues within and outside department/ organization and adopt to the changing operating environment
- Ability to communicate above average; explain issue to staff in a clear and simple manner
- Ability to write good report; precise and concise report and documentation
- Effective people supervision and meeting set standards in terms of output
- Ability to operate in team both as leader and follower
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned tasks for specific assessments
- Possess good level of initiative and emotional intelligent
- Strong attention to details and
- Knowledge in handling laboratory tools and equipment
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Quality Control Officer” as subject of the email.