An indigenous Gas Processing company is recruiting qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Support Engineer
Location: Head Office in Lagos (with Plant and Base Operations in Niger Delta)
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer with responsibilities of providing support for the day to day running of the Gas Plant facility Operations, maximizing the current production and ensures daily operations are run smoothly without any hitches.
- Ensure that operations of the gas plant are carried out in line with Company’s HSE guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- The Operations Engineer is a key member of the operations team who coordinates the operational logistics Interfaces between head office team and the gas plant teams.
- He ensures that process efficiencies and cost effectiveness are achieved
- Analyse daily operations reporting for the Chief Operating Officer, on Production Facility Operations, Maintenance, Engineering & any other Intervention activities
- Liaise with the field operations team to generate procurement request for production operations
- Checking with field team and the Procurement team to follow up with materials requisitions and ensure its timely purchases and delivery.
- Conducts daily internal production reporting and operational summary.
- Track and identity production deviations and implement corrective measures from production to product dispatch
- Troubleshoot operational problems, assist in coordination of problem resolution or process improvement
- Interact with Maintenance Planners and O&M Contractor on operations and maintenance updates and process improvements.
- Communicate effectively with all departments within the Operations division to ensure that required services, materials and production planning are supported to minimizes operational bottlenecks and production impact resulting from facility repairs and maintenance projects in line with compliance to HSE policies and procedures
- Support the Operation team’s goals by providing operational knowledge, tracking and optimizing production rates and ensuring operational best practice methods are folowed
- Set priorities for work schedules and tracking progress of operational activities
- Required to fill any of the team’s position in their absence as directed by Head of Operations
- Following up on spare parts and reporting updates and ensuring that material management is carried out efficiently using Industry best practice
- Ensuring that material orders from vendors are duly supplied in line with quantities and material specifications
- Reviewing daily O&M Contractors reports and flagging to Management grey areas that require improvement
- Following up on wet gas supply activities and ensuring monthly reconciliations are done
- Ensuring that PCVs, PSVs, custody transfer meters etc are calibrated as at when due and proper records kept.
- Following on NGL sales as at when due and making sure stock product in transit is properly accounted for& updated reports submitted to management on weekly basis & any other time requested by management
- Developing Operational procedure & ensure its usability.
- Any other responsibilities assign to you by your supervisor.
- B.Eng. in Chemical or its equivalent
- B.Eng / B.Sc. in any of the Engineering fields: Mechanical / Metallurgical / Material Engineering / Production Engineering / Chemical Engineering or Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- A Degree in Law with commercial sense or B.Eng. Engineering Degree with Business Law experience
- COREN Registration in relevant disciplines.
- 5 years experience in relevant field.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Operational experience in hydrocarbon Oil and Gas Processing operations is required
- Computer experience – basic operations for Excel, Word etc
- Knowledge of HSE best practices
- Self-motivation to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal and communications skils.
- Needs to be a team player with the workforce.
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.