Workforce Group is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise, in the area of organizational effectiveness and employee performance, the Company is positioned to assist businesses across diverse sectors of the economy in their quest to create sustainable value for their stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control and Risk Manager
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: CFO
- The Internal Control Manager will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
- The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across the light of business processes and internal controls.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across the group
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures
- Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ from a similar position in a multinational group or delivering similar services via Big 4 audit firm
- ACA is a must and other Relevant professional certification is a plus
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong analytical skills includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi geographic team.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimization
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
- The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with keen interest in developing the internal control environment.
- They are organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online