Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Business Intelligence
- We are looking for someone with the ability to deliver elegant and insightful analytics solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
- Candidates would have the ability to design metrics and KPIs, build queries using data from multiple data sources and use BI tools to create dashboards.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills, accountability, flexibility, and adaptability to handle multiple and changing priorities and be able to successfully collaborate with different teams.
- The Business Intelligence Developer will be part of the Business Intelligence team.
- This role will work very closely with data scientists and business intelligence analysts to build solutions that enable Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to create robust data products, and other Carbon departments to consume these services.
- Ensure reports are updated periodically and based on available and accurate data
- Generate summary and specific dashboards to represent operational data in a brief and intelligible format, suitable for the target audience, including executive leadership managers and executive board of directors
- Carry out data quality assessments, data reports, and the accompanying decisions
- Conduct analysis of findings and offer action-driven recommendations and insights
- Proactively look for hidden trends in data
- Gather operational data to examine past business performance
- Translate analytic results into a common business language to influence business decisions or actions
- Carry out analysis of requirements by checking for derived requirements that are logical to customers’ requests
- Apply business intelligence tools and data analysis techniques to process and interpret data of limited complexity
- Record, manipulate and build Tableau/ Data Studio reports based on requirements
- Facilitate the development of new business intelligence and analytics solutions to address existing gaps in understanding issues and formulating solutions
- Manage data-related problem definition and hypothesis formulation processes
- Support the design of complex reporting and analytical solutions
- Review and validate customer data as it is collected
- Ask the right questions to begin the data discovery process
- Extract sets of structured and unstructured data from different sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Studies, or related field with 3+ years of professional experience
- Previous experience as a Business analyst or Business intelligence developer
- Proven experience with SQL and BI Tools ( Tableau (or any BI Tool) for data analysis.
- Firm understanding of statistics and databases.
- Expert problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment) / Technical interview
- Interview with the Founders