United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, E-fraud Monitoring
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Job Objective (s)
- Conduct a thorough review and analysis of all transactions that are flagged on the card fraud management platforms to ascertain their integrity and authenticity.
- It also involves timely and proactive assessment of the effectiveness of the set rules and continuous dimensioning of the various fraud scenarios across all card schemes and performing root cause analysis.
- Ensure that team members conduct a continuous review of all flagged transactions on card fraud management tools.
- Ensure that customers are contacted in a timely manner to confirm the authenticity of flagged transactions
- Follow-up on an escalation of suspicious transactions but unreachable customers to account holding branches.
- Confirm that compromised cards are promptly blocked.
- Ensure immediate logging of fraud cases for investigation of fraud & investigation of customer complaint management (CCM)
- Periodic review of rules to cater for the dynamism of fraud patterns
- Daily reporting of all cases treated in the approved format
- Periodic gap analysis and correlation of all card fraud incidences
- Proper documentation of events and issues
- Periodic reporting of team activities and achievement to the management (board risk, IT steering committee and department)
- Follow-up with the supporting vendors to ensure optimum availability and integrity of the various card fraud monitoring tools
- Follow-up on reported security incident to resolution.
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent
- CISA or related certifications are an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years minimum related experience.
- We are looking for a candidate with in-depth knowledge in IT Governance Practice, IT security fundamentals and practice to monitor and flag fraudulent card transactions.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to develop IT security policies
- Ability to conduct event correlation and gap analysis
- Ability to use IT audit tools
- General analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of IT controls and e-business security principles and practice
- Good customer relationship
- Leadership skills
- Intuitive and lateral thought
- Close attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skill
- MS Office- Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
What We Expect From You:
- A high degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online